Barrett Steel has worked in successful partnership with customers in the structural fabrication and construction markets for many years. We are known throughout the UK and overseas as trusted suppliers of premium quality, competitively priced raw materials and finished products.
As well as supplying the full range of general steel products including universal beams, columns, channels, angles and flat products, we also offer full processing facilities including:
- Surface treatment – shot blasting to SA2.5
- Water based weldable holding primer to 25 micron dft (high build to 75 micron available).
- Square and bevel cutting on the full range of structural sections
- Sawing and drilling using our close coupled saw drill line with hard stamping facility – coordinates can be received electronically via Stru Cad or XSteel producing information in DSTV and/or CAM formats, or input from physical drawings.
- Punching and shearing for both flats and angles - ideal for the production of base plates, trusses, connection plates and braces.
- Full profiling facilities.
We provide a personal service and add value at every stage, from detailed pricing information and competitive lead times through to just-in-time delivery throughout the UK using our own efficient and reliable transport fleet.
Recent high-profile projects have included:
- A distribution warehouse for Marks & Spencer (2,500 tonnes)
- Pit lane grandstand at Silverstone (800 tonnes)
- Abu-Dhabi gas pipeline project (2,500 tonnes)
- The Mary Rose Museum, Portsmouth
We work in the public and private sector and on contracts overseas supplying general steel products for a range of construction projects including:
- Airport buildings
- Schools and academies
- Defence and nuclear industry buildings
- Factories and industrial buildings
- Shopping centres
- Leisure centres